Hornets are back. I will fish out the one my missus zapped with hairspray down the back of the fire tomorrow, if I can. We were worried it was the nasty Asian type. Checking the net afterwards, we think it was probably the regular European. She had a face to face with it and didn't take any chances!
My daughter had one on the pram with two 3 year olds in it last week. She did the right thing and ignored it and told the twins to do same. Her neighbour says she was travelling faster than usual with the pram though!
It's getting late in the year for them and there have hardly been any flying meals locally (wasps etc). Conversely, it is unusually warm here in the UK. El Nino will make it warmer still in 2027 for us. I need some voice sensitive lights "wasp!" or "hornet!!" so we can turn them off without having to reach over or around them. Note to self - keep visor closed.