The member photo gallery is now integrated and live!!  All user albums and pictures have been ported from old gallery.

To register send an e-mail to admin@bmwr65.org and provide your location and desired user name.

Author Topic: Let's see your Triumph  (Read 14777 times)

Offline suecanada

• Mt. Olympus Resident
  • Winter time now so we sleep and dream and plan!!
Re: Let's see your Triumph
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2011, 08:51:35 AM »
Here's a link but there is plenty more discussion about the installation:

http://www.triumphrat.net/twins-technical-talk/106498-napoleon-mirror-installation-on-stock-bonny-handlebar-diy.html

Good luck!!
1983 R65LS - LRB still my favourite!? 1988 Honda NX250, "Toodles Too" and a Suzuki DR650, "Calypso." All stored in the "Brrrmmm Closet".

RSMike

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2011, 06:35:51 PM »
Sue, I asked this in another thread but you may have missed it.  Where did you find the Napoleans for Winnie?  Did you have to change bars?

RSMike, I just ordered a set of Emgo muffs for mine.  I didn't know that the TOR was an abbreviation for Triumph Off Road.  They are low pipes aren't they?  Did you rejet?  (Yes, I know that is always the question, isn't it!)

I bet the Emgo's will sound good too, mine's the fuel injected variety, so it was just a new tune download by the Tech at the Triumph shop, though he got it wrong first time ( somehow he managed to download a tune for Brazilian market!, caused a lot of popping)

Offline Bengt_Phorqs

• Mt. Olympus Resident
  • There are no wrong turns on a motorcycle
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2011, 10:54:17 AM »
I bet the Emgo's will sound good too, mine's the fuel injected variety, so it was just a new tune download by the Tech at the Triumph shop, though he got it wrong first time ( somehow he managed to download a tune for Brazilian market!, caused a lot of popping)

I have this sound in my head of your Turnip backfiring to the Bosa Nova. [smiley=cool.gif]  Wonder if Brazilian Triumphs have to have a bikini fairing?   ;D
Bengt Phorqs, Jake R90/6, R80/7, R1200RTw, Moto Guzzi California EV , Triumph TR250W, Yamaha TY250A Trials, Suzuki DR650

Offline montmil

• Mt. Olympus Resident
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2011, 03:25:05 PM »

I have this sound in my head of your Turnip backfiring to the Bosa Nova. [smiley=cool.gif]  Wonder if Brazilian Triumphs have to have a bikini fairing?   ;D

Please, won't somebody tell the bartender to cut off Mike! I know he's enjoying multiple Shiner Bock beers while staring out the window, waiting for FedEx to deliver his new and very cool Bonneville muffs.

Me? I'm on training beer, aka: Miller Lite, while watching the Hummingbirds argue over who eats first at the patio feeder. That's "Plan B" as it's too damn hot to ride.
[smiley=beerchug.gif] Monte
Monte Miller
Denton, TEXAS
1978 BMW R100S
1981 BMW R65
1983 BMW R65
1995 Triumph Trophy
1986 VW Cabriolet

Offline suecanada

• Mt. Olympus Resident
  • Winter time now so we sleep and dream and plan!!
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2011, 10:32:32 AM »
So what is the temp Monte??? [smiley=flamethrowingsmiley.gif]

I am a true northerner and had never experienced over 100 F. so Bloomsburg National was quite an eye-opener.....all night in a tent! Hard to sleep a wink!
1983 R65LS - LRB still my favourite!? 1988 Honda NX250, "Toodles Too" and a Suzuki DR650, "Calypso." All stored in the "Brrrmmm Closet".

Offline montmil

• Mt. Olympus Resident
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2011, 10:57:13 AM »
So what is the temp Monte???

In Denton, Texas, Sunday 31 July 2011, the forecast is for 104°F; climbing up to 108°F on Wednesday and Thursday. Friday's projected a cooling off, down to 106°F.

Here in 1980, I went through 40 straight days of 100°F+. I believe we are approaching 30 days and tomorrow it's August- our hot month- so the record may be broken.

I ride e-a-r-l-y and get home to the AC NLT 1000 hours.

[smiley=flamethrowingsmiley.gif]Back at ya   Monte

I can almost hear Bob Roller laughing at us... "Wimps! Lemme tell y'all about HOT"
Monte Miller
Denton, TEXAS
1978 BMW R100S
1981 BMW R65
1983 BMW R65
1995 Triumph Trophy
1986 VW Cabriolet

Offline Bengt_Phorqs

• Mt. Olympus Resident
  • There are no wrong turns on a motorcycle
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2011, 07:33:58 AM »
Sue, the heat is bad enough but the drought is killing us.  It's so dry that my new rain gauge is the cap from a bottle of Shiner beer.  We're all just hoping that the armadillo doesn't see his shadow this morning or we might have six more weeks of drought.
Bengt Phorqs, Jake R90/6, R80/7, R1200RTw, Moto Guzzi California EV , Triumph TR250W, Yamaha TY250A Trials, Suzuki DR650

RSMike

« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2011, 10:44:00 AM »
hmmm, wish I could swap some wet for heat, its a public holiday here today, I should be riding my bikes, but there has been a heavy drizzle all day, just too wet and miserable
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 10:44:30 AM by RSMike »

TXRider60

« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2011, 03:06:11 PM »
www.newbonneville.com

Nice guy, even though he regularly snares my "disoposable income" and promptly disposes of it.

balibeemer

« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2011, 08:24:48 PM »
And here is a great ad for the Rocket III, very funny and typically Brit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKEuzxC4eGc

Offline Motu

• Lives in Foothills of Mt. Olympus
  • My Cow is my friend! ;)
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2011, 02:15:10 AM »
Dragged these parts out from where they've been hiding for the last 5 years, time to do a bit more to it.  It might never get finished as I don't have the funds,but there is still stuff I can potter away on.

Offline Barry

• Mt. Olympus Resident
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2011, 04:01:04 AM »
Is that an oil in frame Triumph. I had one of those in 75. The frame looks a bit ungainly without it's clothes on but that down tube is near invisible in the finished bike.

Is it a special ?  My memory is not that great but wouldn't it originally have been a full cradle frame. And what's the engine ?
Barry Cheshire, England 79 R45

Offline Motu

• My Cow is my friend! ;)
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2011, 11:45:36 PM »
It's a '71 OIF, and that's an XS650 engine.  The work was done decades ago by someone else,and never finished - it needs a couple more engine mounts....and I have to modify the engine some as it was made for a non electric start XS1,and my engine is an '81.  Main thing I'm missing are forks and wheels.

Offline davidpdx

« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2012, 09:38:39 PM »
Here is a photo of my 1946 Triumph Speed Twin and a link to a web page that I made about these bikes.

http://www.angelfire.com/mech/davidpdx/triumphspeedtwin.html
1984 R65 60K+
1946 Triumph Speed Twin

Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. ?That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba?

? Hunter S. Thomps

Offline Semper Gumby

• Mt. Olympus Resident
  • Dances with cow!
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2012, 10:11:52 PM »
Cool bikes guys but hey when are you going to step up to a man's bike?

The 1971 BSA Thunderbolt hangin' on the Dragon!

David,

That 1946 speed twin is way cool though.  My helmet is off to you.  You need to go hang out in the Triumph section of the www.britbike.com forum.  Lots of helpful people there....

8-)

« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 10:20:21 PM by Semper_Gumby »
Bill Gould ?1980/03 R65 When at first you don't succeed....Moo!