The member photo gallery is now integrated and live!!  All user albums and pictures have been ported from old gallery.

To register send an e-mail to admin@bmwr65.org and provide your location and desired user name.

Author Topic: Covid-19 Vaccination  (Read 563 times)

Offline Bob_Roller

• Global Moderator
  • ? GMT -7 Hours
Covid-19 Vaccination
« on: April 15, 2021, 08:25:30 AM »
Just curious to see if anyone else has had significant side effects to the Pfizer vaccination .
I got my first dose on March 22, pain at the injection site started after three hours, this was the worst reaction to a vaccination I have ever had, lasted about 10 hours .
Started feeling like the flu was in it's early stages, next morning, I had a hard time getting out of bed to call in sick for work I felt so lousy .
That lasted 3 days, then the sick to my stomach and headache lasted 11 days .
Got my second dose April 12, no issues the day of the vaccination, next morning felt like I had the flu, cold sweat, joint pain, general muscle weakness and the sick to my stomach feeling .
More sick time from work .
Today April 15, feeling good again .
I hope we don't have to get booster vaccinations later on, but I think it's a distinct possibility .
One thing I'll have to say about the 'mega' vaccination sites the state of Arizona has set up, less than 30 minutes from the time I arrived, until I left and that includes waiting 15 minutes to see if you were going to have a reaction to the vaccination .
« Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 08:27:56 AM by Bob_Roller »
'81 R65
'82 R65 LS ?
'84 R65 LS
'87 Moto Guzzi V65 Lario
'02 R1150R
Riding all year long since 1993 .
I'll give up my R65, when they pry my cold dead hands from the handlebars !!!!!

Offline dogshome

Re: Covid-19 Vaccination
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2021, 01:22:30 PM »
I didn't, neither did my mum or brother in law. My wife had a couple of days feeling lousy each time. Bruise up her arm also (not at the injection site). Sister got hives which were treated with antihistamine pills. As per other thread, croaking it is six million to one with a jab, much better than what you get with the real thing! My experience is both the Oxford A-Z and Pfizer can give side-effects.

I remember the multineedle jab at school, that had a few side effects. Also the yellow fever in my hip before I went to Nigeria. That one wasn't funny for a few days. The malaria pills I was OK with, several aren't.

So like eating your "greens", well done, they do you good and get ready for more in the coming years  :ROTFLMAO:

No pain, no gain!  :laugh:

I'm glad the U.S. is taking this seriously now and the jabbing process is good.  8)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 01:25:31 PM by dogshome »
肉(r?u)包(bāo)子(zi)打(dǎ)狗(gǒu) (meat+bun(2nd and 3rd)+hit+dog)
* Literally: To hit a dog with a meat-bun.:-O

Offline donbmw

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2021, 07:00:16 PM »
Just had my 2nd Pfizer today. No side effect just a sore arm like any other shot.
1975 R90/6, 1980 R65, 1982 R65, 2015 Ural Patrol & 1959 Triumph TR3

Offline Justin B.

• Administrator
  • I love my Beemers
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2021, 08:45:18 PM »
My oldest Son was sick for several days after getting his first shot.  I have not gotten one yet and I'm inclined to wait for one of the more "conventional" type of actual vaccines.
Justin B.

2004 BMW R1150RT
1981 R100RT - Summer bike, NEKKID!!!

Offline donbmw

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2021, 01:15:28 PM »
So far same as the first shot.
1975 R90/6, 1980 R65, 1982 R65, 2015 Ural Patrol & 1959 Triumph TR3

Offline BPT

• I Love YaBB 2!
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2021, 05:00:49 PM »
After my first one my arm hurt like hell for a day and a half. I was kind of tired but also hadn't slept much so not sure if that was the cause. I had a strange warm/flush feeling in my face the evening of the shot, but temperature was normal.
I received the second one last week and was concerned about side effects since I'd heard that's when they're likely to be worse but I had none. I took Tylenol for the arm pain (and possible fever?) and this time my arm didn't even hurt.
My family all had the Pfizer and none reported anything other than being really tired.
I asked the guy giving me the shot when I could expect my tail to start growing and he said to wait 2-3 weeks for that to show up.   :)
1983 R65 w/ Velorex 562 Sidecar

Offline BPT

• I Love YaBB 2!
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2021, 05:08:38 PM »
Dogs home - for anti-malaria I've taken chloroquine with no problems. But years ago I took Lariam (mefloquine) and it was horrible, really messed me up. Physically, felt like hell, but mentally also, made me have weird, crazy dreams.  I stopped taking it and mentioned that to the doc when I got home.I got yelled at and she told me that the treatment if I ended up with malaria was just a super heavy dose of the same drug.
Fortunately I escaped having to deal with that.
1983 R65 w/ Velorex 562 Sidecar

Offline Barry

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2021, 07:01:55 AM »
I've had the 1st AstraZeneca jab and due the 2nd one in 2 weeks. Side effects were very minor and no different to a flue jab.  I have no concerns about the 2nd AZ vaccine dose as if there were going to be problems you would get them on the first dose. 

I don't see how this can be anything other than an annual jab just like for flu.
Barry Cheshire, England 79 R45

Offline Bob_Roller

• Global Moderator
  • ? GMT -7 Hours
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2021, 08:24:00 AM »
I saw on national news yesterday, that there are booster vaccines being researched right now, it looks like it's going to be an annual vaccination .
Also, don't know if this is the case for other areas, but the government run local sites have seen a sharp drop off in people making appointments for a vaccination .
The cancellation and no show for appointments is also rising to a concerning level to local health  officials .
About 24% of Arizona residents have been fully vaccinated, another 30% have had one dose of the two dose vaccine .
Health officials are concerned that we will fall far short of the level needed to get control of this virus .
Local news broadcasts are informing people that there are a large number of appointments available at all vaccination sites .
« Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 11:18:22 AM by Bob_Roller »
'81 R65
'82 R65 LS ?
'84 R65 LS
'87 Moto Guzzi V65 Lario
'02 R1150R

Offline mrclubike

• Jungheinrich Master Tech
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2021, 10:11:46 AM »
Had my 1st Pfizer on the 15th
Just a sore arm
Very easy to get the shot here in Missouri
Really no reason not to get it if you want it.
I dont have a  big problem with people that wont get the shot although I wish they would. Kinda like the helmet thing
 BUT JUST DON'T MAKE ME WEAR A MASK BECAUSE SOMEONE WONT GET VACCINATED    :thumbsup:
I think there should be a dead line for it and then your on your own
1982 R65 running tubeless Snowflakes
2004 R1150R

Offline dogshome

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2021, 10:52:54 AM »
Hi all, sorry to make light of symptoms and i know you can have a rough few days.

Justin: I would trade a few days of something i know will pass than going into ICU with the real thing though. You may have read that I lost a work colleague to Covid some weeks ago. To make that clear; he died of Covid after many weeks in isolation, alone, semi conscious and in great pain. He leaves his wife, three daughters and several grandchildren. I also still see real fear and panic in some peoples eyes when out in public. The chances of getting infected whilst contemplating / procrastinating / waiting for the holy grail is still very high. Like the crash helmet parallel, you can keep on running free and waiting for what exactly? I'm damned sure your chances of needing a vaccine are diminishing and I would not bother renewing your golf / bike  / knitting club subscription when they roll around. You won't be needing them. :behead:

We are all of an age here and all familiar with death and loss. Just think that one through before crying it's not good enough for you.  :nopity:
肉(r?u)包(bāo)子(zi)打(dǎ)狗(gǒu) (meat+bun(2nd and 3rd)+hit+dog)
* Literally: To hit a dog with a meat-bun.:-O

Offline Justin B.

• Administrator
  • I love my Beemers
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2021, 11:39:01 AM »
Just think that one through before crying it's not good enough for you.  :nopity:

Not crying, just my personal preference.  As soon as I feel comfortable with one of the available choices I'll get jabbed but in the meantime I will just continue to avoid people. ;D  I'm retired and I don't like the majority of people anymore anymore so it's pretty easy. :mad:
Justin B.

2004 BMW R1150RT

Offline Bob_Roller

• Global Moderator
  • ? GMT -7 Hours
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2021, 01:20:20 PM »
 I refer to it as " anti-social distancing " !!!! :D
'81 R65
'82 R65 LS ?
'84 R65 LS
'87 Moto Guzzi V65 Lario
'02 R1150R

Offline Burt

• I Love YaBB 2!
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2021, 05:31:53 AM »
I've had the first jab for the AZ with 12 weeks in between.  Originally it was to be Pfizer but that hospital went into quarantine so I was sent to one closer to home. 

The usual side effects including a couple of days feeling fatigued and the low level headaches.  I ended up admitting myself to hospital after after speaking to a paramedic on the national hotline.  The ambulance took me back to the same hospital and the medical staff were excellent.  I went to a public hospital as the private one I requested was on bypass. 

The thing was, I was riding home from work due to the symptoms and felt a slight pain in my left chest and my immediate thought was a blood clot.  I have seen a blood clot and know what they can do, so was quite morbid about it all. 

Anyway after five hours at the hospital it turns out I was fine.  The doctor was 99.2% sure that I did not have a blood clot, so it was relief all around.  I had a good chat with the doctor and will now wait for the second jab.   ;D

Am I worried about all the hype around the jab?  No, as I have spent the last twelve months in the covid front line with multiple positive exposures and tests.  All the time with PPE.  Fortunately I am moving away from it all very, very soon.   8)
Black 1984 R65 - the Wombat

Offline Justin B.

• Administrator
  • I love my Beemers
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2021, 04:46:16 PM »
I refer to it as " anti-social distancing " !!!! :D

Heh, I like, and can identify with, that one, Bob!  :ROTFLMAO:
Justin B.

2004 BMW R1150RT