Well my three day weekend is over and courtesy of the moronic Previous Owner I still haven't fired it up. I have a lengthy rant in the appropriate part of this board detailing how a weekend was lost undoing the idiocy he bequeathed me with.
And courtesy of our Government postal service I haven't got fork seals so i can't put a front wheel under the thing yet either.
Truthfully, unless I discover something else the MPO ("moronic previous owner") has left me with, its a case of hanging the carbs, connect temporary fuel supply, put in a battery, crank it with the coils disconnected until it oils up and then reconnect the coils and hit the button.
I thought I had some high temp insulation wire, but I can't find it so I used the old lead on the beancan, the keen eyes will see that it has cracked where it enters the can. I will use this one to get the bike running and for a few weeks with no major journeys. Courtesy of another member of R65.org I have a dead beancan to repair using on the the Siemens hall effect devices I have in stock. The MPO had it fill choc-a-bloc with wheel bearing grease, not wonder it was a bit stiff to turn over.
Also please note the lovely Junior Power Timer plug added by me today.
The other thing I did - I found the data plate, this made me very happy as whilst I could still register the bike without it fitted, it would have been a long and tedious argument with Public Servants and that is my second least favorite way of spending my time. Feb 1984 is the construction date, dunno why I thought it was 1985.
Qther things done this weekend:-
fitted new cone coupler vibration mounts (see rant for further discussion of the MPO)
Mounted up alternator and started proving the wiring.
Re-fitted exhaust system (now it is starting to look like a motorcycle again)
In court doing my day job for 3 or 4 days this week so I'm not going to get near it again till next weekend.
As Monte said "Closer, ever closer".