The member photo gallery is now integrated and live!!  All user albums and pictures have been ported from old gallery.

To register send an e-mail to admin@bmwr65.org and provide your location and desired user name.

Author Topic: I haven't done any Harley bashing for some time...  (Read 3204 times)

balibeemer

I haven't done any Harley bashing for some time...
« on: July 08, 2012, 09:28:24 AM »
so here goes!

The following website is hilarious!

http://www.doesharleysuck.com

Offline montmil

• Mt. Olympus Resident
Re: I haven't done any Harley bashing for some time...
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2012, 12:51:12 PM »
 TONY [size=16]=[/size]  [smiley=beehive.gif]

Mexico must be agreeing with you. Charlie Mike, Tony. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
Monte Miller
Denton, TEXAS
1978 BMW R100S
1981 BMW R65
1983 BMW R65
1995 Triumph Trophy
1986 VW Cabriolet

Offline Lucky_Lou

• Mt. Olympus Resident
  • shoot first
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 02:11:33 PM »
Had to feel sorry for a couple on one this afternoon they were at a roundabout (None found in the USA) it was raining stair rods as its our monsoon season and guess what.... yup they were broken down oh lord that chrome will need some elbow grease now.
Lou
Ask questions later

Offline wilcom

• Mt. Olympus Resident
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 11:09:03 PM »
roundabout (None found in the USA) it was raining stair rods  

Lou............... we have a few roundabouts here and there, but we are fresh out of "stair rods" for sure ....LOLOLO
Joe Wilkerson
Telephone man with a splash of Data
Menifee, CA

Present:
1984 BMW R65LS "Herr Head"
past:
1982 BMW R65LS
1979 R65
1980 R65
1982 R80RT
1974 R90/6
1972 R75
1964 R50/2
19xx R27
ZX-11

Offline montmil

• Mt. Olympus Resident
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2012, 09:07:18 AM »

Lou............... we have a few roundabouts here and there, but we are fresh out of "stair rods" for sure ....LOLOLO

For an honorary Texican, Lou can sometimes talk kinda funny.

Lou meant to say, in Texican speak, is that it's been raining like a cow peeing on a flat rock off a fifty-foot bluff.  [smiley=drowning.gif] 
Monte Miller
Denton, TEXAS
1978 BMW R100S
1981 BMW R65
1983 BMW R65
1995 Triumph Trophy
1986 VW Cabriolet

Offline Lucky_Lou

• Mt. Olympus Resident
  • shoot first
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2012, 09:46:45 AM »

For an honorary Texican, Lou can sometimes talk kinda funny.

Lou meant to say, in Texican speak, is that it's been raining like a cow peeing on a flat rock off a fifty-foot bluff.  [smiley=drowning.gif] 
Correct translation Monte... exept for the Bluff isnt that something you do playing poker ??
Now you guys have discovered roundabouts does anyone actually know how to use them....  [smiley=Norton.gif]
Lou
Ask questions later

Ron_S.

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2012, 10:39:28 AM »
Lou:  That's a good question.  I see too many who pull up to the roundabout and then just STOP!  That "merge" thing must be a tough concept.  

Offline k_enn

• Lives at Base of Mt. Olympus
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2012, 10:53:39 AM »
Now you guys have discovered roundabouts does anyone actually know how to use them....  [smiley=Norton.gif]
Lou

Although they are an endangered species around these parts, some of us old farts do remember how to negotiate them.  It's the young'uns that screw up the traffic flow at them.

Also, in my neck of the woods we call them traffic circles.  They used to be quite common at one time, now there are only a handful left.  And some of the ones that are left are now controlled by traffic lights.  Sacrilege.  

k_enn
k_enn
original owner of:
?1982 R65
? 2014 K1300S

Offline Ed Miller

• Mt. Olympus Resident
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2012, 12:20:00 PM »
Lou:  That's a good question.  I see too many who pull up to the roundabout and then just STOP!  That "merge" thing must be a tough concept.  

My wife stops at them.  Lou, here we're lucky when they don't put up stop signs at them.

Ed Miller
'81 r65
Falls City, OR

Offline montmil

• Mt. Olympus Resident
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2012, 12:57:19 PM »
...That "merge" thing must be a tough concept.

Think you're correct, Ron. The sign does say MERGE... not GIVE UP.

In Waco, Texas, there is a pretty good-sized traffic circle known throughout Texas as "The Circle". Been there since the 1940's. Three highways and three city roads merge at the roundabout. No traffic lights but a couple Merge/Yield signs.

There's a old, classic cafe on The Circle that sells T-shirts saying, "I Survived the Waco Circle"
Most folks do. . .

Lou, I'm pretty sure you're "bluffing" me.
Monte Miller
Denton, TEXAS
1978 BMW R100S
1981 BMW R65
1983 BMW R65
1995 Triumph Trophy
1986 VW Cabriolet

Offline montmil

• Mt. Olympus Resident
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2012, 12:59:08 PM »
BTW, Us old farts n' geezers can sure fall off topic. Who cares? [smiley=beer.gif]
Monte Miller
Denton, TEXAS
1978 BMW R100S
1981 BMW R65
1983 BMW R65
1995 Triumph Trophy
1986 VW Cabriolet

balibeemer

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2012, 09:22:16 PM »

Its going around a roundabout on a Harley that is the problem!

Offline Barry

• Mt. Olympus Resident
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2012, 07:36:26 AM »
I see too many who pull up to the roundabout and then just STOP!

You can always tell when someones myopic forward vision extends only a few  feet beyond the front of the car by the way they stop at a roundabout even though there is nothing coming.   Mental note ...stay well away from this car.

I once traveled with a racing driver and stopping wasn't in his vocabulary. He definitely planned ahead but it was a bit scary as his theory was if he attacked a roundabout faster enough he was bound to fit in one of the gaps. Stopping meant you had to accelerate into a gap and that was harder.  I formed an opinion at that point that racing drivers were a breed apart from the rest of us.

One problem with roundabouts is they only work well when they are the right size. Small ones are dangerous because you can't plan ahead and when they get too big the traffic speed gets so high they just become a series of junctions and then you do have to stop ... unless of course you're a racing driver.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 07:43:03 AM by bhodgson »
Barry Cheshire, England 79 R45

wa1udg

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2012, 12:17:01 PM »
There are two on the Rt 2 "back way" into Boston.  Confusing enough but then add to it the Boston Driver syndrome.  Other cars, yield, courtesy, fagetaboudit.

Danie

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2012, 07:51:18 AM »
At this side of the pond Harleys are extremely expensive, THE "image thing", and the first thing owners usually do, is to install the loudest exhaust available.

During previous visits to the US I was quite surprized to see how "cheap"  (and quite in general) Harleys really are - compared to Harley prices (and noise levels) in South Africa.

I must admit, I do like the sound of a Harley engine, and would not mind owning a Harley myself. Having said that, I once went for a ride on a Harley, and my hips suddenly started cramping badly after only about 400 meter on the saddle. Maybe it was just co- insidence, or maybe the cruiser riding possition is not suitable for my body.