The member photo gallery is now integrated and live!!  All user albums and pictures have been ported from old gallery.


To register send an e-mail to admin@bmwr65.org and provide your location and desired user name.

Author Topic: Yearly Mileage Totals  (Read 7038 times)

Offline Bob_Roller

  • Global Moderator
  • Mt. Olympus Resident
  • *****
  • Posts: 9139
  • -7 hours GMT
Yearly Mileage Totals
« on: December 29, 2009, 02:41:31 PM »
Alright boys and girls, it's time to stand in front of the class, and tell us your mileage/kilometer-age, for 2009 .

'81 R65 :   2370
'84 R65LS :  0
'87 Moto Guzzi V65 Lario :  0
'02 R1550R :  3512

Again as usual, I'm in the 'sluggo' class, especially being able to ride all year round !!!!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 02:43:02 PM by Bob_Roller »
'81 R65
'82 R65 LS
'84 R65 LS
'87 Moto Guzzi V65 Lario
'02 R1150R
Riding all year long since 1993 .
I'll give up my R65, when they pry my cold dead hands from the handlebars !!!!!

Offline Ed Miller

  • Mt. Olympus Resident
  • ****
  • Posts: 2425
Re: Yearly Mileage Totals
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2009, 04:55:16 PM »
Jeeze Bob, the year isn't over yet.  Lessee,  snow and freezing rain today...  I'll still wait for Jan. to figure it all out.   ;D

Ed Miller
'81 r65
Falls City, OR

Offline Bob_Roller

  • Global Moderator
  • Mt. Olympus Resident
  • *****
  • Posts: 9139
  • -7 hours GMT
Re: Yearly Mileage Totals
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2009, 05:09:24 PM »
I figured, that the riding season was over for a majority of members here .

I factored in 2 days of riding to work on my oilhead .

Not planning on any thousand mile rides in the next few days , so I figured I was safe in my figures .

I don't expect to be home much for the next 5 days due to work, so I thought I would do this now .
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 05:10:56 PM by Bob_Roller »
'81 R65
'82 R65 LS
'84 R65 LS
'87 Moto Guzzi V65 Lario
'02 R1150R
Riding all year long since 1993 .
I'll give up my R65, when they pry my cold dead hands from the handlebars !!!!!

JDS

  • Guest
Re: Yearly Mileage Totals
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2009, 10:13:26 PM »
81 r65 0 miles just got for christmas and brakes are locked up.
08 Versys 13500 miles
03 CRF450supermoto 150 miles
96 tw200 850 miles
03 DRZ400 485 miles

Offline Lucky_Lou

  • Mt. Olympus Resident
  • ****
  • Posts: 2699
  • shoot first
Re: Yearly Mileage Totals
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2009, 01:38:06 PM »
R65 950 (since may)and 2 months of teething
Ford T100/280 39000
Doing my bit for global warming  
Lou
Ask questions later

Offline Motu

  • Lives in Foothills of Mt. Olympus
  • **
  • Posts: 380
  • My Cow is my friend! ;)
Re: Yearly Mileage Totals
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2009, 02:00:14 PM »
I've done about 5,000km this year which is normal for me.Just day rides in the 200 to 400km range.The engine may have done more work than the US riders as sometimes I hardly ever get into top gear,our twisty roads means I'm always in a corner.

Offline Barry

  • Mt. Olympus Resident
  • ****
  • Posts: 5156
Re: Yearly Mileage Totals
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2009, 03:24:34 PM »
Jeez it's cold. I've just been out to the garage to check.

I've done 1574 miles. on the R45

I also keep a record of how many days I ride the bike which is 147 days this year up on 130 days in 2008.  I was hoping to hit 150 but with the snow and ice I've only been out 3 days in December.
Barry Cheshire, England 79 R45

Offline Bengt_Phorqs

  • Mt. Olympus Resident
  • ****
  • Posts: 1419
  • There are no wrong turns on a motorcycle
Re: Yearly Mileage Totals
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2009, 07:25:28 PM »
Mileage totals have never figured large in my world.  I just always figured if you are riding, wrenching, making friends, learning, and otherwise having fun with this pastime (obsession?) then you were doing your part.  I have six bikes in my garage, one at my other house, and a trials bike in restoration.  I ride them all as much as time permits.

Best guess is somewhere between 6 & 10k miles this year.
Bengt Phorqs, Jake R90/6, R80/7, R1200RTw, Moto Guzzi California EV , Triumph TR250W, Yamaha TY250A Trials, Suzuki DR650

trolle

  • Guest
Re: Yearly Mileage Totals
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2010, 08:30:29 AM »
3246 miles which is a bit below average, I hope to do much more this year.

greetings from a white and really cold north, very beautiful, but deplorable driving conditions

GrimReaper

  • Guest
Re: Yearly Mileage Totals
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2010, 12:37:32 PM »
3200 on R1100S
400  on R 65
5000 on R1100RT(SOLD)
2500 on ZZR1200(SOLD)

I use my bike for main transportation.Everyday around 30-40 miles

Offline Bengt_Phorqs

  • Mt. Olympus Resident
  • ****
  • Posts: 1419
  • There are no wrong turns on a motorcycle
Re: Yearly Mileage Totals
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2010, 05:52:01 PM »
Sinner Man, having recently traded my R1100RT for an R1100S I have to ask you about how long it takes you to ride to work - about 10 minutes on the S, or more like 30 minutes on the R65?
Bengt Phorqs, Jake R90/6, R80/7, R1200RTw, Moto Guzzi California EV , Triumph TR250W, Yamaha TY250A Trials, Suzuki DR650

GrimReaper

  • Guest
Re: Yearly Mileage Totals
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2010, 09:21:39 PM »
Quote
Sinner Man, having recently traded my R1100RT for an R1100S I have to ask you about how long it takes you to ride to work - about 10 minutes on the S, or more like 30 minutes on the R65?

 From home to work is exactly 13.4 miles(5 freeway,the rest city)I did not try the R65 yet,but with all others it tooks me about 15min.
I don't ride over 60mph in the city and 90mph on the freeway(exept with my rideing buddies with Jap.Bikes)
 So i think my R65 will give me the same time ;)

Offline dav

  • Lives in Foothills of Mt. Olympus
  • **
  • Posts: 420
  • gotta luv the boxer
Re: Yearly Mileage Totals
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2010, 03:02:42 AM »
All in km's....

R65 = 1200 (since mid August)
R1200R = 6008 (since Oct 17th)
Duke 250 = 0 but we just started her for the first time a few days ago [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

btw will post vid of Duke ticking over tomorrow when we fire her up again...it sounds bloody awesome, so lumpy
BMW R65 ?1981
Ducati 1968 250 mk lll
Suzuki DR250 1983
Yamaha XT250 2015

Offline suecanada

  • Mt. Olympus Resident
  • ****
  • Posts: 1453
  • Winter time now so we sleep and dream and plan!!
Re: Yearly Mileage Totals
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2010, 10:35:13 AM »
Little Red Baron covered 6484 miles this year. He'll share the mileage next summer!! Hope to get a lot more!
1983 R65LS - LRB still my favourite!? 1988 Honda NX250, "Toodles Too" and a Suzuki DR650, "Calypso." All stored in the "Brrrmmm Closet".

darrylri

  • Guest
Re: Yearly Mileage Totals
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2010, 04:23:34 PM »
1928 R52
~200km
1941 R12
0km
1953 R51/3
1,443km
1961 R60/2
~900mi
1975 R90S
6,930mi
1994 R1100RS
3,904mi
2007 R1200ST
~20,000mi