Author Topic: Shopping trollies  (Read 86 times)

Offline dogshome

• I Love YaBB 2!
Shopping trollies
« on: December 19, 2020, 02:59:54 PM »
I must put Aldi Racing Team or Aldi Touring or something on my bike. I took the opportunity to fetch my 86 year old mum's shopping on the bike today. She's shut in awaiting the jab. I can get a virtually full (small) trolley load in two panniers and a shopping bag on the tail.

There is regularly another guy doing his shopping who comes on a R1, but he gets everything in an absolutely massive (army style) backpack. Today he had extra, so the Christmas sprouts and carrots were stuffed down his jacket. With clip-ons and 200HP...

Sort of like lapping Donnington at 120MPH listening to Barry Manilow I suppose  :Norton:
肉(r?u)包(bāo)子(zi)打(dǎ)狗(gǒu) (meat+bun(2nd and 3rd)+hit+dog)
* Literally: To hit a dog with a meat-bun.:-O

Offline Justin B.

• Administrator
  • I love my Beemers
Re: Shopping trollies
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2020, 04:34:04 PM »
Yeah, when I go to the store people are really surprised how much stuff the old Krausers will hold!
Justin B.

2004 BMW R1150RT
1981 R100RT - Summer bike, NEKKID!!!

Offline dogshome

• I Love YaBB 2!
Re: Shopping trollies / SAAB
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2020, 01:28:27 PM »
So I went out tonight (amongst the worst set of Xmas drivers I have EVER seen) to fetch a new porch lamp. Website say open, shop shut. I'll get some 80W gear oil since that is 1 min away and second is not nice in 3C with this otherwise very impressive 75W140. Bungeed it on. More cage avoidance on the way home needing full biker spidey sense to get here, thank myself for a job well done (not getting knocked off) and to find the oil had gone.

So back through the melee and second gear is nice and warm now to find the errant bottle 200 yards from the shop. Slightly leaky, so wrapped in placcy bag and bungeed on like you might in the Silence of The Lambs.

More crazy cage drivers (shopping, late, worried about Mr V, car full of kids, aggressive males) but my attitude is positive  :clap:

It's the second oil trouble this week since the car dumped it's power steering fluid (always the cooling loop on Saab). The part is 4 weeks from Germany so the bike will clock some more miles whilst I wait. I love Saabs, but if you get one that isn't mainstream, be prepared to wait to get parts after 13 years  :beatnik:

I bet there are other Saab drivers lurking here  :naughty:
肉(r?u)包(bāo)子(zi)打(dǎ)狗(gǒu) (meat+bun(2nd and 3rd)+hit+dog)
* Literally: To hit a dog with a meat-bun.:-O