The member photo gallery is now integrated and live!!  All user albums and pictures have been ported from old gallery.

To register send an e-mail to admin@bmwr65.org and provide your location and desired user name.

Author Topic: Willville opens April 1st  (Read 4973 times)

Offline msbuck

• Mt. Olympus Resident
  • I Love R65s 2!
Willville opens April 1st
« on: March 09, 2007, 07:44:34 PM »
It's almost that time again!  We're headed out the 1st weekend in April to Willville.  We used to start shaking off the winter blues with a trip to Daytona, but now that the Bulow Campout is gone we just stay home to watch the races.  We don't seem to shake off the winterness untill Willville opens up.
 It's almost here!!  Yeah!!   ;D

Come on over to Meadows of Dan, VA at Hwy 58 and the Blue Ridge Parkway for opening weekend!  
http://www.willvillebikecamp.com/
A?da
'84 R65
'98 Laverda Ghost Strike
'06 Lifan LF200-GY
Willow Springs, North Carolina

Offline NC Steve

• Mt. Olympus Resident
Re: Willville opens April 1st
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2007, 07:53:38 PM »
Cool. 78 miles, due north.
I'm so there, I think... :-/
Got any good Willville stories you can share? :)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2007, 08:01:19 PM by NC_Steve »
'16 Triumph T100 Bonneville
'19 Royal Enfield Himalayan
82 R65-Blue II, 84 R65-Britta, 84 R65-Ol' Blue, 88 K75C, 99 R1100R
00 Guzzi Jackal, 89 Mille GT, 03 Cal Stone
07 Honda ST1300

Offline Rob Valdez 79 R65

• I Love YaBB 2!
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2007, 08:23:05 PM »
I love your smilie tent, Aïda!

I just figured out why some of your posts come out with a lot of red X's...your external smilies are treated the same as photos (I think...) and you can only have one per post.  I think...

Offline msbuck

• Mt. Olympus Resident
  • I Love R65s 2!
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2007, 09:52:33 PM »
Hmmm.  I just use the [*img][*/img] with the location to insert the smilies from SmileyHut.  They always show up on my computer...no red Xs here.  You have as many of those links as you want...as far as I know.  

Steve, I'll have to think about some Willville stories to post.  The local hangout there in Meadows of Dan is at The Poor Farmers Market.  They have a small deli with ice cream in the back of the store and all the motorcycles come in from Greensboro, Winston-Salem, Roanoke, etc.  They meet up there and go for a ride...usually the sportbike guys.  It's fun just to hangout at the store and watch the folks come and go, kick tires, and go riding!

Willville doesn't allow individual campfires, so he has one big one at night where everyone gathers to enjoy the evening and the company.  Let's you get to know all the other campers and hear lots of good campfire stories.  

« Last Edit: March 09, 2007, 09:55:16 PM by msbuck »
A?da
'84 R65
'98 Laverda Ghost Strike
'06 Lifan LF200-GY

• I Love YaBB 2!
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2007, 11:06:13 PM »
Meadows of Dan, VA

I got a red X on that one, too.  And it was the only one in the post!

I learned a long time ago, that what you, the poster sees, and the reader sees are not always the same.

When you pull up an image to paste into a posting, it is stored in your temporary memory, so even after you finalize (post) the message, and then reopen it to see what it looks like, others may still not be able to see it.  :(

Edit:
Well, I just learned something else, as well!  
I am at work, and we have filters installed (firewalls).  
When I first came to work here in Dec., the person training me showed me how trying to access some sites (like YouTube) will be blocked.
After I posted the message above the line, I still saw a red X.  So I opened a new IE browser, pasted the URL in there, and got the 'blocked' message screen.
The way we get around the firewall here, is to use Mozilla Firefox.  There I was able to see your happy group of friends!
So it would seem that Smileyhut is blocked, where as some of your other sources such as smiley-town.de is are able to get through.  :)

edit 2 (from Firefox)
Well, I guess I will have to use Firefox for this forum, from now on!  Now I have to go back and re-read all of Aïda's "naughty" postings! ;)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2007, 07:01:20 AM by Rob_Valdez_79_R65 »

SCJJR65

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2007, 06:45:44 AM »
I think several club members from our club in Greenville, SC will be there that weekend, Rob.  Look for folks wearing a grey T-shirt with the "Conebutt" logo on the back!   ;)

• I Love YaBB 2!
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2007, 07:02:22 AM »
I already have plans for that weekend, but if they fall through, I will consider it!

Offline NC Steve

• Mt. Olympus Resident
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2007, 10:00:49 AM »
Aida, and John, April 1st is on a Sunday this year. Looking at Willville's site it appears they don't open until April 1, is that correct?
So, are you planning to go that weekend, like on Friday March 30th, or the following, Friday, April 6th, which is also Good Friday/Easter weekend, but the 1st full weekend in April? [smiley=huh.gif]
And, if I missed the "official" opening weekend, does Willville have other organized events thruout the summer, that any of you would be going to? Looks like a great place to be, and an easy ride from home.
Thanks for any more info. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
« Last Edit: March 10, 2007, 10:04:17 AM by NC_Steve »
07 Honda ST1300

Offline msbuck

• Mt. Olympus Resident
  • I Love R65s 2!
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2007, 07:12:46 PM »
We'll contact Will (the owner) and verify whether he's opening up for the weekend including March 30,31st.  That's when we were planning to go.  It's not a special event except that it's the first weekend he's open.

He does have several special events during the year where he cooks up a pot of stew over the fire in a big ol' cast iron pot.   MMMM Good!    I think the first one is the beginning of May and I know the 2nd weekend in September also.  I'll be sure to post an annoucement when the time comes.  
A?da
'84 R65
'98 Laverda Ghost Strike
'06 Lifan LF200-GY

Offline msbuck

• Mt. Olympus Resident
  • I Love R65s 2!
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2007, 08:46:00 AM »
Just got word back from Will that he will be open the weekend of March 31-April 1st.  Graham and I will definitely be there.

John, I'll keep an eye out for those conebutts.

NCSteve, if you can't come for the weekend it's close enough to come up for a day ride at least.  Hope to see you there!

[smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]  Oh boy, Oh boy, Oh boy... I can't wait!!!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2007, 08:46:44 AM by msbuck »
A?da
'84 R65
'98 Laverda Ghost Strike
'06 Lifan LF200-GY

Offline NC Steve

• Mt. Olympus Resident
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2007, 02:01:47 PM »
I'm there, at least for Saturday the 31st, unless the weather turns to crap. Even already bought a brand new, smaller tent if I'm able to stay !  ;)
My mother's birthday is Monday the 2nd, so I'm pretty sure we'll get sucked up into that for Sunday. But, if that changes, then let's make a weekend out of it, for sure. You and Graham going up Saturday the 31st, I take it: "Will" isn't open Friday night?

I was just emailing SC John anyway, and let him know too in case he misses this: I was trying to talk him into a Guzzi quest/road trip, but he ain't bitin', dammit... ::)

See y'all there!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2007, 03:39:56 PM by NC_Steve »
07 Honda ST1300

SCJJR65

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2007, 02:35:02 PM »
Well, I "might" be able to make it up there, but I'll have to check to see if I'm scheduled for work-study duty at school that Friday or Saturday.  But I'd sure like to see this place!  My fellow club members who go up there each year for opening weekend tell me the place is a delightful destination, and the route to get there from SC is "one constant grin"!   ;)

Offline suecanada

• Mt. Olympus Resident
  • Winter time now so we sleep and dream and plan!!
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2007, 11:13:55 AM »
Yeeeshh!  :'( :'(You all are off to Willville and I will either be freezing or watching the path out of the "Brrrm Closet" turn into a mud bath. We have had one great day so far (no riding though) but have lapsed back to minus temps. again. Not long now though and I'll be riding!!
1983 R65LS - LRB still my favourite!? 1988 Honda NX250, "Toodles Too" and a Suzuki DR650, "Calypso." All stored in the "Brrrmmm Closet".

SCJJR65

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2007, 01:33:32 PM »
Hang in there, Sue!  Spring's almost here!!  Sunny days are right around the bend!!   8-)

Melena

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2007, 11:24:48 PM »
Hmmm.  I'll be getting back from Hawaii that weekend.  Then I can start work on my bike.   It will finally be nice enough out to get the cover off the bike and get to it.  

Sue, I've been thinking of you up there in the frozen north.  This winter sure is ending up different than it started.  But you will be out there riding very soon.  Spring is just a few days away now.  

You guys have fun at Willville.  We want to hear your stories.