..... and the saga continues!!
Next up in this list is to sort and organize all the wiring for the headlight/bucket and route it neatly and in a tidy fashion which proved to be a lot more difficult..... as well as figure out a nice way to mount my license plate!
That Acewell 4453 is a great gauge - however - it has a TON of wiring that I didn't need and the clubman headlight I got didn't have a ton of extra room to hide a lot of it, so tucking it away was a bit of a challenge...
Photo 60 - I ordered a roll of TESA tape and some braided cable sleeve. I started with the ignition switch, then the headlight and turn signal wires, then wrapped all the other extra wiring. Like I said, it was a challenge!
Photo 61 - With the gauge and ignition switch mounted, it looks quite nice from the top, even though it was a tight squeeze underneath.... the GEN light was difficult as I had to made the hole large enough to get it through without soldering it after it was mounted - so I used a nice aluminum angled washer for it to set down in. I polished the washer up as well.
Photo 62 - This photo shows a look from underneath prior to healight being mounted. I have since changed out the bolt and nut for the gauge to a nicer looking and better length....
Photo 63 - once headlight was mounted, it was time to finish tucking cables away. I actually had to mount and dismount the headlight a few times to figure out the cleanest way as to not chafe the wiring or the painted surfaces. So far I have not seen any issues.
Photo 64 - Finally - the front wiring is done and everything is mounted as it should be - and most importantly - functioning properly!
Photo 65 - Next my attention turned to the back of the bike. I had my license plate hanging up on the wall for 6 months with numerous thoughts on where it should be. I still had not even heard back from VonZeti about either my seat or subframe in almost a month and a half - so I figured I didn't want to mount it off the subframe anyways - and since I couldn't mount my rear fender I was modifying until the subframe arrived - I guess I didn't have a lot of choice. I had seen some people mount them off the final drive and I didn't feel too keen about that either, so I used the pinch bolt for the rear axle and some steel strap that I drilled, bent and rounded the corners off of. The result was pretty good - even though it isn't legal in many states - I figure when I am done with this bike, an officer has to be having a pretty piss-poor day to write a ticket for it.
Photo 66 - The view from the posterior.... clean and tide location, easily visible.... once the subframe arrives, I also plan on adding a white LED to shine straight down to illuminate it.
Photo 67 - This last photo is simply because Forgeline, who is a marketing partner of the race team I drive for, sent me this nice little light-up pen & stylus... and I would LOVE to see them take a stab at some custom wheels for me.
....so that is the latest on my project R65LS build.... have a long list of TO DO's still... and a lot of "waiting around on other vendors".... but the remaining task list includes...
> Rear subframe
> custom seat
> Custom painted tank & fender
> New Continental ClassicAttack tires
> modified rear fender (using a front R65 fender purchased from ebay)
> Rear brake clean & adjust
> Rear spline lube
> Several maintenance bits
> Neutral switch replacement (current leaks badly)
> Another oil change & oil pan gasket replacement (to stop the leak)