The parts I ordered from motobins finally arrived. I wasted no time tearing the bike apart to finally give my bike a much needed overhaul.
Pictures are arranged chronologically.
Bike all torn down:
Picture of the generator before removal:
I initially planned to replace the cam chain and sprocket, But these ones are still good without any significant sign of wear.
Closeup of the piston halfway done with decarbonizing. I installed a fresh new set of piston rings.
Picture of the new SS pushrod tubes:
Engine all closed up, cleaned, and given a fresh coat of paint.
I had the cylinders painted black with heat resistant paint ala R90S.
Besides that, I also had the valves lapped and intake tract polished.
I also installed venhill clutch cables with the correct length. Wow! I never thought that a clutch properly set would be so smooth on this bike!
Funny thing though, I had all the jets, needles, pins, gaskets, etc... replaced with new ones on both carbs. While I was digging into the carbs, one side had a 135 main jet on it while the other had a 148 main jet.... Well, that explains the rough idling.