It actually looks a lot better than that picture suggests. Nice and clean and shiny. Still sounds great with those pipes.
The trouble with the wiring was due to the simplification of the loom that I did when I removed the original instruments, indicators, buzzers and accessory circuits. Then Tony comes along and wires in a set of indicators and adds in the Acewell clock, with all the idiot lights in the clock and not as separate lights - except the charge light.
We approached the wiring in a piece-meal way, which is fine in theory, Lights followed by ignition, followed by charging circuit, etc. But we got caught out a couple of times where we did not understand that although we had removed an part of a circuit, connections were still required to other parts of the circuit we had still left in. I.e. we had to look at the circuit as a whole, at times. Anyway we got there in the end.