Technical Discussion > Discussion about "Lesser" makes, er, Non-BMW ;-)

Triumph Bonneville T100

(1/1)

clonmore1:
Had a lengthy test ride on the above last Friday.

A lovely day with reasonable clear skies, 7 dens and dry roads.

What a fabulous bike with the new water cooled, high torque engine. Loads of low down tractable power, good seating position, excellent brakes and a wonderful sound from charmed peashooter exhausts.

Riding in a mix of heavy city chaos, traffic laden A roads and some fast dual carriageways, the Bonnie was a breeze to ride and had real 'presence' on the road.

A bit steep at £8300+ definitely one to watch for the future, Triumph are really getting their game together...

If you can, try one[ch128077]

clonmore1:
Corrections;

7 degs

Chromed peashooter exhaust

Jeez, autocorrect...

suecanada:
So glad you enjoyed the Bonnie. I had the earlier Hinckley Bonneville SE with air cooled engine. At 495 lbs. wet I just found it too heavy to safely manoeuvre slowly so I let it go to a nice younger rider who was a lady too. That bike was just sooo beautiful and you are right..seating and power just about perfect for me. That bike went to Cape Breton, NS twice and many other longer trips. Never a problem.

mrclubike:
I really looked at them hard when I was in the market for a bike
But I just don't like chains and the BMW Airhead is so straight forward mechanically 
I still like to look at them when we go  to the local   Triumph dealer 8-)
I only ended up with the R65 because it was the first decent Airhead I could find 

clonmore1:
Thanks Sue & MC,

Yes, a lovely machine to ride across country, that new HT engine is really something, I can see one in the garage at some point in the future, just need that steep price to ease a little...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version