Author Topic: Old member coming back  (Read 328 times)

Offline Luca

• I Love YaBB 2!
Old member coming back
« on: March 30, 2020, 09:08:53 PM »
Hi, all.  I was very active on the forum a few years back, but life got very busy and involved very little motorcycling for the last 5 years.  I usually ride to commute or kill time, but for the last 5 years I was working like a dog 3.5 miles away from home in stop and go traffic, had a *completely sane* girlfriend, and adopted a dog.  Thus I shrank back into the shadows without saying goodbye and let my account expire.

Anyways, I'm back.  Just changed jobs and I'm working as a professional motorcycle mechanic.  I started turning wrenches on my own bikes and my '82 R65LS is what made me want to be a mechanic.  Feels like I'm getting back to my roots.

The commute is pleasant and the beemer is starting to rack up more miles.  I need to turn a set of pistons for the ATE calipers and replace at least the upper brake hose, but she's moving along.

P.S. if Monte is still kicking around he'd be glad to know my soul has a little more Texas in it!

Offline wilcom

Re: Old member coming back
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2020, 09:22:41 PM »
Sadly, Monty has taken his last ride. His Will Rogers brand of humor is sorely missed on these pages

RIP Monty
Joe Wilkerson
Telephone man with a splash of Data
Menifee, CA

Present:
1984 BMW R65LS "Herr Head"
1982 BMW R65LS 
past:
1979 R65
1980 R65
1982 R80RT
1974 R90/6
1972 R75
1964 R50/2
19xx R27
ZX-11

Offline Luca

• I Love YaBB 2!
Re: Old member coming back
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2020, 08:39:24 PM »
That's a shame to hear, he was a great guy.

I got the brakes good enough on the LS to do some commuting.  Ordered the parts to rebuild the forks (again... should have replaced the rebound dampers the first time)

Making pistons and stainless hoses will be next.

I'll try to take pictures so we know that it happened  ;)