Author Topic: Long Covid symptoms  (Read 582 times)

Offline suecanada

• Winter time now so we sleep and dream and plan!!
Re: Long Covid symptoms
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2021, 12:21:56 PM »

I sure hope everyone gets through this ok.. So far so good in my neck of the world . We have been such home bodies with no non-essential anything! I have my doubts about me being able to get to any summer rallies. The border has to open first!  It is very worrisome to hear about !! :shocked2:
1983 R65LS - LRB still my favourite!? 1988 Honda NX250, "Toodles Too" and a Suzuki DR650, "Calypso." All stored in the "Brrrmmm Closet".

Offline DeeG

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2021, 12:45:12 AM »
...Covid was the winner.   I am *hoping* that I don't have the long lingering symptoms which a number of folks seems to be suffering, but I guess only time will tell.   I still have my senses of taste and smell, but some friends who contracted the disease say they didn't lose theirs until a week or more into it.   ...

Feeling any better, I hope?

Dee
Dee G
1978 R45/N ?
1978 R80 w/hack
1971 R75 (swb)

Offline nhmaf

• Global Moderator
  • Free at last, Free at last!
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2021, 10:45:40 PM »
I am doing much better now, thanks!
I was fortunate in that it didn't take up residence in my lungs and 9 days later, I just have a little remaining sinus congestion and no other symptoms.  Still get a bit tired by the end of the day, but I expect that will clear up soon.   My wife also came down with it despite our efforts to isolate from each other.  Fortunately again, her symptoms were pretty mild and she is recovering well.   

I have several friends in other states who have also come down with it, but we've all been fortunate in being able to stay out of the hospital.  A couple of them do have several chronic health conditions that put them in higher risk categories, but they managed to stay & recover at home, though it has taken them the better part of a month to get back to almost normal activity again.   

Hang in there, everyone - and remain vigilant & careful - you may still be unlucky and catch this, particularly with these new variants going around. 
Airhead #12178 ? BMWMOA #123173 ?BMWRA #33525 ?GSBMWR #563 ?1982 BMW R65LS ?1978 BMW R100/7 1998 Kawasaki Concours

Offline DeeG

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2021, 12:48:13 AM »
I am doing much better now, thanks!

Good to hear!

For those of you getting the vaccine... be prepared for some icky side effects.  My first Moderna shot was a non issue.  Had the second round on Thursday around 1100.  Felt fine. Did a short OT shift at work, went home and worked on my table top refurbishing project.  Around 1900 I started feeling a bit chilly.  Put some socks on and turned up the heat 2 degrees. Headed to bed at 2100 as I had to work a 10 hour OT shift on Friday.  By then, I was chilled to the bone, and I just couldn't get warm. Heavier socks, two blankets and a comforter.  Woke up at 0230 and thought I was going to die. LOL.

I woke myself up because I was so cold my teeth were chattering. Spouse woke up and felt my forehead, apparently I was burning up.  Headache, body and joint aches, and just a weird, spaced out, mildly confused feeling. Got some aspirin (even though the nurse said none of that), and lots of water. Called in sick for my OT shift (something I NEVER do).

Spent most of the day in bed, feeling worse than I did when I had Covid. And to top it off, I didn't feel like eating, but I had a craving for ice cream. And the spouse refused to go out in the snow and get me any. hahaha

next morning felt fine.

Many of officers and deputies I work with experienced similar side effects. Except two of my co workers had nothing. Not fair.  haha

We'll see how this does. Spouse is waiting for Moderna to alter the vaccine to cover some of the variants that are popping up.

Dee G
1978 R45/N ?
1978 R80 w/hack
1971 R75 (swb)

Offline dogshome

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2021, 02:36:52 AM »
It's obviously working then. My wife had some bruising lower down her arm and also felt icky for a day, but no fever.

To put this in perspective for those still delaying or considering not having a jab, we still have a guy in intensive care at work with the virus itself. I don't know the full details but he has been there nearly 4 weeks, on a ventilator from the start. The company MD has been sending very considerate emails as he is in contact with the family. The first was too clear really, the second did not give any cause for relief and we await something less heavy from him this week. Time is passing and he's made it this far, so I hope the next news is better.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2021, 02:38:33 AM by dogshome »
肉(r?u)包(bāo)子(zi)打(dǎ)狗(gǒu) (meat+bun(2nd and 3rd)+hit+dog)
* Literally: To hit a dog with a meat-bun.:-O

Offline dogshome

« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2021, 10:49:38 AM »
I just got the latest email. He is still with us but is now on dialysis and also having his lungs drained due to secondary infection. I don't need to tell you what those things are like as they are common side effects in cancer illnesses. That is the scale, same as Big C.

Any jab is better than no jab. Anything that improves your chances, whether it's 100% or 50% has to be worth it. There is still a lot of learning being done, but like a lot of these vaccines that have been around a very long time, a dose of something similar will set you up for the nastier varieties e.g. cowpox and smallpox and why milkmaids didn't get the killer smallpox.

Offline dogshome

« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2021, 03:45:18 PM »
I just had a call from the Sales Director. Nick passed just now.

Offline skippyc

• Shouldn't have sold them old bikes.
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2021, 04:28:41 PM »
We have a lot of anti vaxers in Australia and its because we have a low infection and death rate.
If they got the virus they would still expect the system to look after them.