The member photo gallery is now integrated and live!!  All user albums and pictures have been ported from old gallery.

To register send an e-mail to admin@bmwr65.org and provide your location and desired user name.

Author Topic: "Beemer Pickers" Texas-style  (Read 537 times)

Offline montmil

• Mt. Olympus Resident
"Beemer Pickers" Texas-style
« on: December 05, 2015, 04:16:41 PM »
So... R65 forum member Bengt Phorqs, aka Crunch, aka Mike Crenshaw says, "Come on. Let's head to San Marcos and see if we can find Mikey Orloff and his Martindale Motorcycle Works Airhead boneyard." What's a few hundred miles into Central Texas amongst friends... and we're off.

GPS leads us to an apartment complex in Martindale. Nope. That sultry-voiced b**ch done lead us off course.
   We eventually find it on what passes for a road running alongside the beautiful Blanco River. Amongst the trees and scrub brush, we find cigar smokin', laid back Mikey Orloff. He leads us into an old metal barn being held up by vines that all but cover the structure. Inside, with flashlights, we find German gold.

Crunch needs parts to repair a R1100R Oilyhead. Mikey sez there's some oilhead bits in here but you'll need to search for 'em. Me? I'm amazed at the shear volume and number of Airhead engines, wheels, frames, controls, fuel tanks and everything in between. A 25-year collection, this is.

Amazingly, Bengt finds everything on his list save for exhaust headers. For less than 150 bucks, the boy scores what is valued at close to $500 list. To celebrate, we boot scoot over to Lockhart, the BBQ Capitol of Texas, for brisket at Black's Barbecue. Don't need no teeth to eat their beef.

Dark when I left the house. Same when I returned. Outstanding day with my good friend.

World Hdqtrs of Martindale MC Works. Combo one-bike shop and cash register.

Crunch and Mikey

Lemme see... Was that a left side or right Framis valve I need?

Me n' Mikey. His humor reminds me of Kinky Friedman.

Would you be willing to sell this?   "Maybe. Make me an offer."

Heaven
Monte Miller
Denton, TEXAS
1978 BMW R100S
1981 BMW R65
1983 BMW R65
1995 Triumph Trophy
1986 VW Cabriolet

clonmore1

Re: "Beemer Pickers" Texas-style
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2015, 08:58:12 AM »
That weather looks amazing :)

We seem to have had a month of almost non-stop rain and storm winds of one kind or another...