The member photo gallery is now integrated and live!!  All user albums and pictures have been ported from old gallery.

To register send an e-mail to admin@bmwr65.org and provide your location and desired user name.

Author Topic: Vector odometer reset  (Read 1258 times)

Offline Ed Miller

Vector odometer reset
« on: February 05, 2013, 02:12:58 PM »
Vector is made by the same company that makes the Vapors that some of you use.  The Vector lacks the tachometer feature.

A while back my Vector went over 10,000 miles and quit working.  At least that's what I thought.  As it turns out, when you go past that point it stops using the two right digits for hundredths of a mile, and starts using them as the two right whole mile digits.  That's OK, but in the mean time I was asking their technical support what was wrong.  They didn't know how the odometer could stop working when everything else still worked fine, but they sent me the secret procedure for re-setting the odometer.  So if you wish your odometer to reflect your bike's actual mileage, instead of starting at zero with the new speedometer, you can try this.  It would be my luck that the secret code number is specific to the Vector, so I can't guarantee that it will work for the Vapors too.  But you can try...

Press and hold all three buttons down for three seconds to enter the data setting mode.  

Using the mode button, go to the tire size setting.  Enter 9110 (that's what I called the secret code) as a tire size.  Immediately after entering the new tire size press and hold the right hand button down for three seconds.  This should move to a screen with (12HR) flashing on it.  If this is displayed you are in the permanent data set so any alterations will be saved to the permanent information.  

Once in this data set again using the mode button move to the desired screen, the one that reads ODO for odometer.  Alter the ODO to the desired mileage using the left and right buttons.  

After you are done you can either wait 5 seconds and let the unit revert back to the main screen or use the mode button to go back.

Resetting the proper tire size should not be needed since the computer will automatically default back to the previous values.  I can't remember if I had to reset mine.

So my digital speedometer is proudly displaying the full 86,000 some odd miles on my R65.

If this procedure works with the Vapors it would be nice if somebody chimes in on this to let us know.

Edit 1:  I had the model names mixed up.  Thanks Cuz Monte!
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 11:17:55 AM by Ed_Miller »
Ed Miller
'81 r65
Falls City, OR

Offline Justin B.

• Administrator
  • I love my Beemers
Re: Vector odometer reset
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2013, 06:37:37 PM »
Interesting...
Justin B.

2004 BMW R1150RT