The member photo gallery is now integrated and live!!  All user albums and pictures have been ported from old gallery.

To register send an e-mail to and provide your location and desired user name.

Author Topic: Any UK plumbers here?  (Read 79 times)

Offline dogshome

  • Lives in Foothills of Mt. Olympus
  • **
  • Posts: 181
Any UK plumbers here?
« on: July 12, 2023, 02:27:56 PM »
I have to replace the immersion heater in my antiquated hot water tank. Not a problem except the 1" compression fitting gate isolation valve has broken. Extremely tight and then goes round and round and round.....

No-one seems to manufacture an imperial replacement in the UK. I'm happy cutting copper pipes, but need to connect to the existing 1" copper......     :stare:

肉(r?u)包(bāo)子(zi)打(dǎ)狗(gǒu) (meat+bun(2nd and 3rd)+hit+dog)
* Literally: To hit a dog with a meat-bun.:-O