The member photo gallery is now integrated and live!!  All user albums and pictures have been ported from old gallery.

To register send an e-mail to admin@bmwr65.org and provide your location and desired user name.

Author Topic: Dog trouble - happy tail  (Read 594 times)

Offline dogshome

• Lives in Foothills of Mt. Olympus
Dog trouble - happy tail
« on: May 21, 2022, 12:34:36 PM »
Poor Clyde (Greyhound) has smacked his tail and made it bleed a few times in the past. This time he must have cracked it on a corner and we had a front room like a scene from "Carrie". Blood all over. Stupid dog still waggling despite us grabbing him and trying to contain the fountain spray.

Anyhow, we got it under control with self-sticking tape and it was healing as it had a year or more before - then we went on holiday and stoopid chewed his tail whilst my lad was at work (he's out between 5 and 6 hours only). Vet  :behead:

We now have a custom greyhound much in the way of many poor Airheads i.e. short tail!

Greyhounds use their tails for signaling - under=scared; up=trouble or back-off; wagging=happy or excited; normal curve=chilled. Also for balance, but he has none anyway (bull in a China shop). But it isn't hurting him now  :)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2022, 12:43:42 PM by dogshome »
肉(r?u)包(bāo)子(zi)打(dǎ)狗(gǒu) (meat+bun(2nd and 3rd)+hit+dog)
* Literally: To hit a dog with a meat-bun.:-O

Offline skippyc

• Shouldn't have sold them old bikes.
Re: Dog trouble - happy tail
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2022, 06:19:19 PM »
Dogs can be their own worst enemies at times

Offline Burt

• I Love YaBB 2!
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2022, 08:02:04 PM »
Did you not consider the lamp shade/cone of shame collar? 

Or perhaps the rabbit ears experience was just too much for poor old Clyde. 
Black 1984 R65 - the Wombat

Offline dogshome

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2022, 12:45:41 PM »
He didn't mind the rabbit ears, thought it was some sort of lead  ;D  His (smarter) sister was 'not amused' though.

Greyhounds have long nozzles, long tails and can curl up like a kitten i.e. the sniffer can reach bodyparts even with the (labrador/husky size) lampshade on! He's got said article on right now and can't quite reach his 'custom' tail  :beer:

Yes they are their own worst enemies. Thin skin, 45MPH, muscles bulging everywhere and the balance of a raging bull.... Little sis is built lighter, more smarts and can turn on a sixpence.

Offline dogshome

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2022, 01:56:52 PM »
"Stumpy" is now fully recovered and waggles what he has left of a tail. Poor Rex however.....

Offline Justin B.

• Administrator
  • Mt. Olympus Resident
  • I love my Beemers
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2022, 06:26:34 PM »
Poor dawg!  We had a cat, years ago, that I apparently broke it's tail shutting in a door.  I remember getting ready for work one morning and went to shut the closet door after getting out whatever I was after and the door did not close so I opened it up and shut it with a bit more force.  On that second attempt the cat found it's voice and let out a howl that would raise the dead.  I felt kinda sorry for her but also figured it was her fault for sitting there and letting me shut her tail in the door a second time!  For the rest of her long life the last inch of her tail kinked over at about a 30 deg angle.  But she never hung out at the closet when I was getting stuff anymore!
Justin B.

2004 BMW R1150RT
1981 R100RT - Summer bike, NEKKID!!!

Offline Burt

• I Love YaBB 2!
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2022, 02:48:24 AM »
Good to hear that Stumpy has recovered. 

I always enjoy a tale with a happy ending. 
Black 1984 R65 - the Wombat

Offline dogshome

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2022, 03:47:27 PM »
Here is Clyde with his stumpy tail and true blue eyes.
His sister looking more like a terminator. Which is about right!