Not too much progress but here some updates.
I cleaned the tank and found it has a pinhole leak.
. Im planning on sealing with KBS tank sealer. It claims that it will handle small pinhole leaks. The paint is really pretty good as you can see so I don't want to do anything drastic to the outside.
I painted the front wheel, rear is next. Dupli-color wheel paint in silver with satin clear, Looks good IMO. I didn't sand it smooth as they are somewhat "sandy" in original form. Looks original to me.
Repaired the failed side stand. Bent it back into shape and installed a new bushing and bolt. It drags a little when you return it to the up position but I can live with it. It will likely loosen over time.
Removed the exhaust and was pleased that it came away with little resistance. The PO must have used the right thread lube to prevent seizing. Threads are very good with little corrosion on both heads.
Working on cleaning up the saddle bags. Not sure I'll ever use them but they are here with the bike. Needed a key as one is locked and the PO neglected to tell me that there was no key. Found one on Ebay.