The member photo gallery is now integrated and live!!  All user albums and pictures have been ported from old gallery.

To register send an e-mail to admin@bmwr65.org and provide your location and desired user name.

Author Topic: Ukraine  (Read 355 times)

Offline dogshome

• Lives in Foothills of Mt. Olympus
Ukraine
« on: February 28, 2022, 01:27:02 PM »
It's very difficult to know exactly what is going on. It's fact that Russia has invaded Ukraine and there is fighting going on though. Whatever lines were there a hundred years ago have been replaced and people have made their lives in that framework. Changing those lines by force is not 'annexation' it is warlike. Crimea seems to have been a test to see what could be achieved / (gotten away with).

Certainly, I don't think there is any doubt of it turning very nasty for a long time. We are getting mixed feedback of both serious fighting and bloodless encounters here in the UK. I suppose that is the same of any war until it kicks-in with the soldiers on the ground when they lose their mates and things start to go wrong. Then it gets serious everywhere.

The sanctions seem like nothing / a waste of time, until you see people queueing at the banks due to the currency dropping like a stone. Germany's change of position and Shell kicking millions of pounds into touch will likely hurt far sooner than I had guessed as well.

Fighting in the playground? = No pocket money, bread and water for dinner and sent to your room? My personal opinion is that is a very adult and measured response.
肉(r?u)包(bāo)子(zi)打(dǎ)狗(gǒu) (meat+bun(2nd and 3rd)+hit+dog)
* Literally: To hit a dog with a meat-bun.:-O

Offline Tony Smith

• Mt. Olympus Resident
  • Graduate, Wallace and Gromit School of Engineering
Re: Ukraine
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2022, 07:31:50 PM »
 Putin should be tried and hung for the war criminal he is!
1978 R100RS| 1981 R100RS (JPS) | 1984 R65 | 1992 KLE500 | 2002 R1150GSA |

Offline Burt

• I Love YaBB 2!
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2022, 03:27:11 AM »
Absolutely disgusting that this is occurring. 

Europe has its hands tied to a certain extent due to international law.  However I feel that the tide is very slowly starting to turn.   
Black 1984 R65 - the Wombat

Offline dogshome

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2022, 03:06:47 PM »
My crystal ball is working  :(

Drawing back from Kyiv means no Russian soldiers in the region, also from Chernobyl (which is not far away). There has been news of possible chemical, biological or nuclear attack and I hope this is not a precursor.
肉(r?u)包(bāo)子(zi)打(dǎ)狗(gǒu) (meat+bun(2nd and 3rd)+hit+dog)
* Literally: To hit a dog with a meat-bun.:-O