The member photo gallery is now integrated and live!!  All user albums and pictures have been ported from old gallery.

To register send an e-mail to admin@bmwr65.org and provide your location and desired user name.

Author Topic: Summer ebay dogs  (Read 72 times)

Offline dogshome

Summer ebay dogs
« on: June 03, 2021, 01:08:49 PM »
I occasionally see what is on the bay in case a nice r100 pops up. They do sometimes. I have to say at the moment though, a right pack of mongrels is on there.

* Black, blue and red R80 trike. Probably loved, but not by my mechanic (me).
* A very dodgy red one which looks like it has at least three fathers.
* Green and white one which looks interesting until you get the close-ups.
* Frankensteins monster 1000 conversion (from a Supercub by the looks of it).

All going at silly money (i.e. inflated). An actually nice RS that I can see is right and has the right words and at a slightly lower cost. The only issue is that the 860 is running perfectly, is 100% in fine fettle from stem to stern enjoyable to ride. I should have bought one of these 20 years ago. 
« Last Edit: June 03, 2021, 01:13:30 PM by dogshome »
肉(r?u)包(bāo)子(zi)打(dǎ)狗(gǒu) (meat+bun(2nd and 3rd)+hit+dog)
* Literally: To hit a dog with a meat-bun.:-O

Online Tony Smith

• Graduate, Wallace and Gromit School of Engineering
Re: Summer ebay dogs
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2021, 05:26:52 PM »
Yep, know exactly what you mean.

I always intended to buy an R80 G/S and an R100GSPD but both now command fairy tale prices.

I was lucky enough to snag the R100RS JPS last year, and I only had to pay slightly over the ce what it cost when new :-). Still it looks lovely parked next to the 1978 R100RS I have owned since new.

There are really only two more Airheads I want badly, firstly a last model R100RS and a Krauser MKM 1000. To my surprise the Krausers are readily available, most of them having led pampered lives since new. I am in negotiations for one at present which has an interesting history, the price being asked is acceptable, just waiting for an inspection report - wouldn't you know it, the guy doing the inspection caught Covid so all on hold till his recovery is complete  - the bike is in the UK and he has to travel a county or two to get to it.

Last model R100DSs are thin on the ground, the world had pretty much passed them by when the last ones rolled off the line and sadly most of those that did sell went to RS Travis a d are "well used".

So, I do sympathize in fig do g yourself a decent R100, so many have been butchered by the cafe brigade l, but I suppose that put few very necessary parts into the market.

Good luck.
1978 R100RS| 1981 R100RS (JPS) | 1984 R65 | 1992 KLE500 | 2002 R1150GSA |